- This event has passed.
Social Media Class: Class Two
November 6, 2023 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Join us for a three part class on how to use social media as an effective tool to promote, sell and market yourself or your business. Classes are broken up into a three step process with the first class starting with the vary basics of social media, class two will discuss branding and creating content, and class three will go over growth, advertising and sales metrics. Students do not need to attend all classes if they feel they are familiar with material. However all three classes require separate sign ups to attend each class. Attendance to the class is free and will be held in the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce at 5 1/2 Main Street, Delhi NY 13753. Class one will be held on November 2, class two will be held on November 6 and class three November 15.
Lisa Wisely is the owner of Blue Spark Creative Services, a Delaware County based marketing and consulting company producing custom business and marketing solutions. Lisa worked for the production company of Blue Man Group for over eight years, opening productions all over the world when she led the merchandise, online and marketing related graphic design divisions of the worldwide entertainment company. Lisa has worked as the Director of Strategic Partnerships for Situation, one of the most well-respected digital agencies in the live event space which includes companies in tourism, sports, television and live theatrical spaces.
She has also produced feature films and is currently working on a variety of film projects in association with Netflix and HBO. She works with a variety of filmmakers and designers consulting on business management, product development and marketing.
Lisa is currently responsible for the marketing and promotion of Delaware County Tourism and Delaware County Film Commission as Blue Spark Creative and has been engaged by Delaware County as the agency of record since 2015. She was also a former board member of The Roxbury Arts Group.
NOTE: To attend all three classes you must sign up for each class separately.
1) Basics of Social Media
- Setting up pages & accounts
- Knowing where to put your energy, what platform is for you and your business?
- Using hashtags (where, when and when not to use them)
- Rules/Trends on each platform
- Understanding the algorithms
- Questions and concerns
2) Developing Voice/Brand and Content for Social Media
- Defining your voice/brand/identity on social media.
- Building your audience organically on social media.
- Developing content. Finding the way to authentically tell the story for who you are what you are trying to sell and say.
- Overview of the platforms and how to create content for the medium you want to work in.
- Overview of some of the tools that can help you create content.
- Creative brainstorm, getting exciting about creating or updating your voice and story telling through social. Overview of the platforms, methods, different formats on Facebook and Instagram, how to make a video in TikTok.
- Possible special guests speaker.
3) Growth, Sales & Metrics of Social Media
- Overview of media buying on Facebook & Instagram.
- Brief overview of the platforms that allow you to sell products/art through Instagram & Facebook.
- Review of the metrics. How does one understand if their social media output is helping their bottom line?
- Setting up an ad online. The process from ad creation to ad publishing walk through. How to sell a product or art through an Instagram post with reviews of the platforms and tools available.
- This class is a little more technical but truly right for anyone who can use Facebook.