The annual Roxbury Community Easter Egg Hunt will take place at Kirkside Park in Roxbury on Saturday, March 27. However, this year families will need to make a reservation for each family member in attendance at one of three “Egg Hunting” times. There are limited spaces within each hunt and there will be time between the scheduled hunts for the volunteers to do necessary sanitizing. Here are COVID-19 Guidelines all participants – children and their adult guests – must follow in order to participate:
- Everyone wanting to participate in this year’s Roxbury Community Easter Egg Hunt will need to pre-register for the free event, including adults who accompany children. You will not be permitted to participate without pre-registering
- Everyone must wear a mask at the Easter Egg Hunt. There will be no exceptions.
- Everyone will have their temperatures taken at the Easter Egg Hunt. Anyone exhibiting a temperature will be asked to leave.
- Everyone participating in the hunt will sanitize their hands upon arrival. Sanitizer will be provided.
- Easter Egg Hunters will be instructed as to how many eggs they can retrieve from the field. We ask that they only touch the eggs that they will place in their basket/bag.
- We ask that Easter Egg Hunters take the whole egg along with the prize home with them.
- Everyone participating in the hunt will sanitize their hands after the Easter Egg Hunt. Sanitizer will be provided.
- Please only socialize with those in your ‘hunting’ pod.
These safety protocols are in place to protect of our Easter Egg Hunters and our community.
All Egg Hunts will begin promptly at 10:30a, 11:15a, and 12:00p. Do not forget to pre-register, using the link below, for your preferred Easter Egg Hunt Time. You will not be permitted to participate without pre-registering.
The Easter Bunny will be joining us this year, so don’t forget to bring your camera and snap a socially distanced photo the Main Lady herself!
Also, stop by our Drive-Thru Bake Sale for cakes, pies, treats and goodies that will be sure to deliver spring cheer and help support future Community Easter Egg Hunts! The Drive-Thru Bake Sale will take place at the Bus Circle at Roxbury Central School and is open to all community members. No walk-ups please. Masks are mandatory, as well as big appetites.
Questions? Call the Roxbury Arts Group at 607.326.7908.
Thank you to the Town of Roxbury, the Roxbury Arts Group, the Jay Gould Memorial Reformed Church, Denise Johnston, Erin Lyke, Marilyn Anderson, the Idlezweigs, and the many donors and volunteers who helped to make this year’s event possible.