August 1 – September 12
Reception: Saturday, August 1 | 3p-6p
Walt Meade Gallery
Roxbury Arts Center
5025 Vega Mountain Road, Roxbury NY
Please see bottom of page for Covid-19 protocols for this event.
Neil received his artistic training at the Memphis Academy of Art and the Art Institute of Chicago during the 1960’s. After a brief stint teaching high school art, he realized his wide-ranging interests needed further expression, which he found in painting, music and landscape design. Neil paints the soul of his subjects in an eclectic style that is both folk inspired and impressionistic. One never knows what subject will appear on a Driscoll canvas. His alluring works are serious, abstract, flippant, and insightful.
Neil works from his home nestled in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains of upstate New York. As a well-known local artist most of his paintings are sold from his studio although he frequently showcases for community events. He often shows work at both the Longyear Gallery in Margaretville, NY and here at the Roxbury Arts Group.
In addition to Neil’s love of painting, he is also a composer, songwriter and banjo player. In a collaboration with musician Ryan McGiver, Neil created a series of illustrated responses to each song as well as composing one of the tunes for McGiver’s album ‘Troubled In Mind’.
Together with his wife Clare, Neil operates Patria Gardens in Schoharie County, NY, where they grow, design and install gardens throughout the northern Catskills.
Neil is a founding member of the Pakatakan Farmer’s Market in Arkville, NY where he spends his Saturdays during spring, summer and fall months.
Covid-19 protocols for this event:
- All guests will enter and exit through marked side Hall doors (not main front doors).
- Masks are mandatory. There will be no exceptions. We will have masks on site should you forget yours.
- Only 50 people will be permitted to gather in the Hilt & Stella Kelly Hall at one time throughout the Opening.
- During the Opening, only 8 people at one time will be allowed into the Walt Meade Gallery.
- We’ve lengthened the time of the event, from 3:00 – 6:00p rather than 4:00 – 6:00p, to avoid overcrowding.
- Images of exhibited works will be projected in the Hall to help support conversations between attendees.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized before the event. Clorox wipes will be available in each restroom for individual use throughout the event.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use in public spaces
- All attendees must maintain a 6′ separation from other guests/groups.
- Please be aware of directional floor markings.
- Individually wrapped consumable items will be available.
- If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a private viewing, please contact the office at email@example.com or 607.326.7908