The Roxbury Arts Group is accepting applications for Grants & Community Coordinator position! This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone looking to make a strong impact in our community, and the Roxbury Arts Group is a great place to work (and play!)
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Grants & Community Coordinator is the primary manager and contact person for the following aspects at the Roxbury Arts Group:
Decentralization Grant Program (DEC) – The Decentralization Grant Program is a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts which is administered locally in Delaware County by the Roxbury Arts Group. DEC is a competitive grant program that aims to support arts programs and projects that will have a positive impact on the individuals, families, and visitors to Delaware County. Specific duties include:
- Maintaining a Cultural Plan for Delaware County
- Updating grant applications and guidelines annually
- Promotion of grant opportunity, including off-site Grant Information Sessions
- Providing support and technical assistance to artists and organizations who seek to apply
- Facilitating grant panel review and notifying applicants
- Maintain grant program records including NYSCA Final Reports
Creating Rural Opportunities Program (CROP): The Roxbury Arts Group offers arts programing via the CROP Program at 10 public schools in 3 counties – Delaware, Greene and Schoharie. Specific duties include:
- Work with school-based CROP Coordinators to schedule teaching artists
- Maintain and grow a list of teaching artists and the creative learning opportunities they offer
- Manage contracts with teaching artists, billing and payments for services
Facilities Rental: The Roxbury Arts Group works make our spaces available for community and private events. Specific duties include:
- Promoting rental opportunities
- Meeting with perspective renters
- Maintaining rental contracts and renter needs and requests
Community Liaison: The person in this position is often the first contact between the Roxbury Arts Group and the general public. Specific duties include:
- Remaining knowledgeable about Roxbury Arts Group events and programs and relaying that information to interested parties
- Managing advance tickets sales and workshop registrations
Gallery Coordinator: The Roxbury Arts Group offers exhibits year-round in the Walt Meade Gallery of the Roxbury Arts Center. Specific duties include:
- Develop and implement an annual exhibition schedule that can include artist receptions, artist talks, complimentary workshops, and other events.
- Managing exhibit artist contracts
- Manage artworks sales and record keeping
All Roxbury Arts Group employees contribute to the success of the Roxbury Arts Group, events, and programs. The individual in this position will perform other tasks as needed to fulfill this goal.
This is a permanent, part-time position (20-25 hours/week; $13-15/hour). Occasional weekend, evening, and holiday work required.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE:
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- A passion for the arts and their role in communities
- Familiarity with the Roxbury Arts Group service area (Delaware County and the larger Catskill Region)
- Personable, courteous, and patient with staff and others; possess a sense of humor
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills, detail-oriented, highly organized, ability to prioritize, and able to handle multiple tasks, adhere to deadlines and work independently and as part of a team
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and comfortable learning new software and applications. Familiarity with Photoshop or other graphics programs a plus.
The Roxbury Arts Group will accept applications for the Grants & Community Coordinator position until filled. To apply, send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Jenny Rosenzweig, Executive Director at email@example.com or to PO Box 93, Roxbury, NY 12474.